Friday, April 22, 2011

Church is a Community

Church is a community. Church is a place where one can praise God and express his or her religious beliefs. It's a place where people support each other. Love for Jesus Christ and desire to worship him is what holds churches together.
Most people come to church to hear the word of God, to praise the Lord, and communicate with other church members. People share their worries and their joyful moments. Church is a place where somebody can get support through prayers, financial aid, and spiritual discussions.
I’m sure in any church you can find a few people who like to criticize everything. They are the people who sit in church but don’t do anything. They don’t even try to do anything. If they don’t like something, they don’t give suggestions for something different, they just criticize. It’s hard for the people who are actually trying to do something in church because when they hear this, they feel like they should quit. This is one tension that I see within churches.
I love my church, even though it’s not perfect. For me it’s my second home. I have great friends there. Our youth is very friendly. We have a lot of things in common. We have similar hobbies and interests. We volunteer together, we put up plays, we play volleyball, and we worship our God. This is why I want to be part of this community.  

No comments:

Post a Comment